Banished Saga, Boxed Set 1: Books 1-3.5

Banished Saga, Boxed Set 1: Books 1-3.5 - Ramona Flightner
I've been following this series since 2014, when Ramona debuted with Banished Love... it's been quite a ride since then. Even though it frustrated me that the first book had no HEA, I decided to reserve my judgment and continue on to see where the author takes us. Needless to say, I haven't regretted that decision even once. After reading the first book, I felt that Ramona has a knack for storytelling and every single installment of this Saga will show you just that. They're long, well researched and always had me wanting to find out what's next!

Banished Saga began with our favorite couple Clarissa and Gabriel, then went on to portray many more relationships over last few years since it's release-- their struggle to find love and keep their loved ones together and safe from any harm coming to them. They battle loss, personal demons along the way much like any other family. There's also a shift in later installments where you get to see the second generation of McLeod/Sullivans growing up, taking the center stage. In that sense, this Saga reminded me of Downton Abby. Not exactly similar but there are similarities that you can't overlook. What in Banished Saga reminds me of Downton Abbey is that this too shows the growth and continuation of one family into future generation. You start from one family then you get to learn more and more of this family, their relatives, friends and well-wishers, who also become a part of this journey just as much as you are. You see new faces, romance, marriage, children etc. And it’s an ongoing process.

Banished Saga also emphasizes on the turn of the century Suffragette movement in the US, where you find the author weaving the tale through real events as our protagonists try to find their own place in that volatile time.

Overall, 5 stars for a great ride! Recommended if you're looking for a slow growing Saga detailing the lives of various characters throughout the installments. There may not be HEA in every installment cause they don't always focus on only one couple like usual historical romances. But believe me, HEA is there for every couple somewhere along the way. Honestly, I don't know what I will do when this series comes to an end.

My detailed review of each installment can also be found in boolikes.