The Bride and the Beast - Teresa Medeiros My review contains spoilers and they're mostly my thoughts as I went with the book. This one's got 3 parts.

Just read 2 chaps and I'm very interested to know this 'Dragon' better. I don't know about Gwen and her kinfolks. No, Gwen is ok, I like her but her sisters are just so damn annoying, part time whores that they are ... God! And when they needed a virgin to sacrifice they found no one except Gwen! Ahemm, it's not gibberish people, this is a fairytale and I think I like the plot. Oh, already mentioned that, right! ... Let's see how things far from here now that they (the village people of Ballybliss) have left Gwen bounded on a stake in front of the castle as a sacrifice to the Dragon!

This one's also got a very mixed review.
*************

Hmm, I don't know what to comment upon. It's a bit slow at the moment. I wanna see more fun and steam. I expected something like that.

Gwen is still in the tower where the Dragon has put her but she is well looked after. I hate her whiny, annoying sisters, as I do those village people. I'm very intrigued by the mystery that surrounds the storyline, so far I know there was a betrayal involved that killed the chieftain of the clan MacCullough and his family. Let's see...
**************

Finished it and loved it. In the end, I was a bit annoyed by the way Bernard left Gwen but I was more annoyed by the last part where her father comes to Castle Weyrcraig to kill Bernard. It would've been better if this part was omitted, just seemed forced. :/

Overall, a 4star for me. I can see why some didn't like it because TM could've put more angst and depth (we know she can do that very well) in the story as well as the characters. It could've been something so much more, a solid 5. The plot was full of such ample opportunities, just didn't fill up the expectations.